The historic Selby Hotel on Sherbourne has since been moved 50 meters to its final place at the corner of Sherbourne and Selby Street.
This Victorian mansion was designed by architect David Roberts and built in 1882 for the founder of the Gooderham and Worts Distillery. It was converted to a private girls school in 1910, then became the famed Selby Hotel in 1915. Ernest Hemingway lived here in the 1920′s while working as a foreign correspondent for the Toronto Star. It is rumoured that Hemingway penned part of A Farewell to Arms while he lived here.
We are thrilled to be working with ERA Architects and Tricom/Deltera to fully restore the exterior and interior 1st floor. This project is now underway!